Sunday, March 28, 2010

WWI

March 28, 2010

While reading A Flawed Peace and reading about President Wilson's proposal, "Wilson's Plan for Peace," and how he proposed fourteen points on how he thought that the world could come to peace I thought about how controlling he was trying to be. I mean living in America ever since I was born I have always grown up as thinking that the United States was a highly powerful country in the world. After reading about how President Wilson was proposing that these fighting countries should let the delegates at the Paris Peace Conference decide new borders and taking away the freedom of governments to decide how to run their own countries I began to think about how controlling the United States sometimes is. Granted these are some of the reasons why WWI was started but I think that if a country that is half-way around the world tried to control how another country ran its country that we would not be where we are today. I think that the United States sometimes takes its power to seriously, yeah we are a powerful state but sometimes we become a sort of dictatator to the world. Like I said previously, I have grown up as always thinking that the United States is the best place to live in all aspects of life, but after reading the excerpt I started to think that the United States isn't always the best place to live. Now I have never been to the Eastern countries but I wonder what the response I would get when I told somebody that I was from America. After reading A Flawed Peace I have changed my outlook on how well I actually know my country and if we actually are as outstanding as I have always been taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment