Sunday, May 16, 2010

Arab/Israeli Conflict

Learning about the Arab/Israeli conflict in the middle east I became more aware of the situations that just pass us by as Americans. To tell you the truth I had no idea that the Israeli's and the Palestinians were fighting over land, I thought that when it came up on the news it was because of some terrorist attack that one did on the other. But after learning more about the real reason that these two countries are fighting I became more aware of really how childish the situation really is. I mean this fighting over land is like two five year old's fighting over the 64 box of crayons in preschool. The situation of how the Palestinians moved into Israel after the Israeli's moved out to seek the Holy Land is a valid reason for them to due so. If I was the Palestinians and I saw the Israeli's moving out of prime land I would move in too, the Israel's obviously did not want it at the time. So when the Israel's come back like 3,000 years later demanding their land back I would do the same thing as the Palestinians. Again it is like a little kid saying "finder's keeper's loser's weeper's." I really do not think that the Israel's have any right to come back and demand for their land back and drive the Palestinians out. True, the Bible does say that the land was given to the Israelites by God, but they did not want it when it was given to them so I do not think they deserve to have it 3,000 years after it was given to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment