Sunday, May 16, 2010

WWII

As we started into the subject of WWII I thought to myself, "well this should be easy since we learn about it every year." I was mistaken though, I was unaware of many of the situations that took place during that time period. I was shocked to learn of the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking, I thought that the torture was only confined to areas around Germany. I was absolutely disgusted with what Adolf Hitler was doing to the Jews but when I learned of the things that other people were also doing to innocent people I became angry. I could not understand how the other countries of the world could let all this happen to so many innocent people. It is understandable that the economies of these countries held them back somewhat but that should not stop some effort to try and stop this insanity, these are human lives that are being disposed of like tissues. I am especially surprised that the United States did not get involved sooner, it seems like we are involved immediately in any situation that arises these days. Maybe we realized our mistake in WWII and are trying to make up for it now by trying to eliminate any possible threat to human lives that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment